Mary Boo is the executive director of the North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC), where she has worked since 1996. At NACAC, Mary has researched and documented effective programs to support children, youth, and families in adoption, foster are, and kinship care. In collaboration with other NACAC staff, she has designed and helped implement numerous programs including adoption support programs, capacity building efforts to help adoption and foster care support organizations, and advocacy efforts to enhance services to children, youth, and families in child welfare. Mary has researched and written about adoption and child welfare policies and practices and has actively participated in child welfare reform at the federal and state level. Mary’s experience includes project management, strategic planning, program development, evaluation, writing, and communications.
- 20+ years of experience in adoption and child welfare
- 16+ years in nonprofit management
- Extensive experience developing programs, writing, and editing
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 1986
- Completed coursework for a master’s degree at the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, concentrations in nonprofit management and social policy, 1995